Generally, computers work really well, but sometimes they don’t. Sofa allows multiple ways to backup your data for extra peace of mind.
At any time, you can create a manual backup of your Sofa data. This file can also be imported back into Sofa. You can easily store this file anywhere you like for safe keeping. For example, in Dropbox, iCloud Drive, or Google Drive.
How to Create a Manual Backup
- Navigate to
Settings > Data Management
- Scroll to the Manual Backups section and tap the “Export” button
- The Activity Sheet will show and allow you to use your backup file in a number of ways: Save to the Files app, email it, and more.
When turned on, Sofa will create a backup of your data and save it to iCloud Drive every day. This is turned on by default, but can easily be turned off.
How Automatic Backups Work
- Automatic backups will happen once per day
- When you launch Sofa, the app will check the date of the last backup. If the date isn’t the same as “today”, it will create a new backup of the current data.
- While the app will only display the most recent backups, there is no limit to the number of backup files created. Backup files are small, and shouldn’t take up much space. You have the option of deleting older backups files via the Files app at any time.
- If you don’t want to wait until the next day for a backup to run, you can create a backup manually by tapping the “Create Backup Now” button.
Restoring from a Backup
🚨 Restoring from a backup will delete all existing data in the app and replace it with data from the backup file.
Similar to 📲Import a Sofa Backup , you can restore Sofa to a previous state by selecting one of the backups.
- Choose the backup you’d like to restore from and tap the “Restore” button.
- Tap the “Start Import” button to confirm.
- If you use multiple devices, the newly imported data may take some time to sync across them.