Sofa 3.4.2 - Quality-of-Life Update
Hey gang, I’ve got a nice quality-of-life update for you. This release has lots of little features, improvements, and a healthy amount of bug fixes.
New Settings Design
The Settings area of the app has been completely redesigned from scratch. This brings a lot of customization across the app for things like changing the shape of items in your lists, hiding data types you don’t use, and a new “quirky mode” toggle.
Overview of what’s new:
- A new “Fiddly Things” area to fine-tune and customize the app to your taste
- New design for choosing an alternate app icon…and some new app icons
- Simpler settings for themes…and some new themes
- Easily see your iCloud syncing status
Other New Things
- Expand and collapse groups. Tap the group title or using the ••• button.
- Tap the Sofa logo in the top title bar for a fun surprise :)
- New experience for choosing a list with adding, moving, copying, etc.
- Backup files now include shared lists where you are the owner of a list
Smaller App Size
Sofa’s app size was getting a little too large for my liking. I’ve optimized things under-the-hood and was able to significantly reduce the size of the app on your device. Your device should now feel much lighter in your hands!
- FIXED: Crash on iPad when trying to load The Pile on launch
- FIXED: Issue where you couldn’t move items to from a private to a shared list
- FIXED: Poor search experience if your search query had a trailing empty character
- FIXED: Date formatting bug in Activity for non-US countries that would prevent proper filtering
- FIXED: Logged to Activity date wasn’t refreshing properly on an item’s detail screen
- FIXED: App crash when you’d try to set an custom item’s cover image in Activity
- FIXED: Global search would show the wrong group name for a list
- FIXED: Navigating to the pile from a detail view while in global search didn’t show the correct configuration
- FIXED: App review prompt repeatedly showing on macOS
- FIXED: List widgets weren’t displaying their group names
- FIXED: Shelf Widget not refreshing it’s data
- FIXED: The description field background color was incorrect in Edit List Details
- FIXED: Crash when renaming a list on iPad
- FIXED: Issue when duplicating lists
- FIXED: Crash when checking if an item is custom
- FIXED: Theme preview not updating on item detail pages
- FIXED: Crash that could occur when searching all your stuff from the home screen
- FIXED: Laggy scroll performance on the search screen for iPhone
- FIXED: Alt app icons are now hidden on the Mac
- FIXED: Performance issue when navigating and scrolling around the app